Suitable for connection to seacocks in through hull applications below the water line
1 ½” BSP is a common size for:
- The outlet hose of most sea toilets
- Engine inlet hose (subject to engine specification)
- Cockpit drains outlets
SeaSeal seacocks and fittings are forged from traceable Marine Grade Dezincification Resistant (DZR) alloy.
Typically bought and used with
Designed to be typically used with SeaSeal DZR forged 1 1/2 “ BSP seacock and matched metal SeaSeal skin fittings.
Benefits and features
- Forged from DZR brass alloy. This is matched metal to that used in the SeaSeal seacocks, fittings and accessories
- Forged for extra strength
- Consistent metal thickness to avoid weak points
- Machined, smooth bore to improve flow and reduce the risk of blockages
Installation and maintenance
- Skin fittings should be installed using marine grade sealing products and thread sealing tape or thread
- A suitable backing pad should be placed behind the nut tightening the skin fitting to the hull. SeaSeal can supply appropriate sized GRP backing pads, please see accessories.
- Hose tails should be attached to seacocks using a marine grade sealant and thread tape or thread
- SeaSeal can offer an additional sealing nut, which can be used to lock a seacock to a skin fitting. These are manufactured from forged, matched DZR alloy, please see accessories section.